Thursday, December 29, 2011

Brother Printhead Clogs MFC-J410 - Hyperclean Mode!

There's a more powerful printhead cleaning function for Brother inkjet printers. We tried this out with an MFC-J410 today that would not print black at all and it worked great. Press the buttons, black, then menu and then zero quickly (not simultaneously, but sequentially). Then type in 76 and start. This will kick the printer into a super clean mode. After the cleaning is done. Go to the regular menu, ink and then print the print quality page.

3 comments:

  1. My Yellow printhead is clogged and I don't know what to do about it.
    I tried cleaning it consecutive times with the option in the printer, but it doesn't work.

    I didn't understand how do you do this that you've shared.
    How do I press the button ''black''. The color button to print black and white, do you mean? And if it's yellow, how do I do it?
    I tried pressing the color button, then Menu and then 0, but it sent me to a fax zone.
    I would appreciate it if you would come back to me. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a way to get it into maintenance mode where you would enter 76. Unplug your printer, while holding menu button, plug it into power until you get maintenance mode on screen. Then enter 76 and hit start(black). That should start hyper cleaning. It didn't help me though, my black wasn't printing

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the informative and interesting post I like your points which you have discussed over here, great job.
    Epson Error Code 0x97

    ReplyDelete